I’ll be the first graphic design teacher ever at this high school. I was promised a number of things to get me started, and it was upon those things I have based my first few weeks of graphic and web design lessons:
– all new computers in my 32-computer classroom
– a completely reconfigured classroom so that the computer desks are arranged more in a horse-shoe shape than the current face-forward setup (I can’t see student screens from my desk)
– a dedicated LCD projector
– Adobe Creative Suite 3 site license
– basic art supplies for graphic design
I had hoped that I’d have all of these by the first day of school (promises were made to me months ago).
I had feared I would have none of them. Such is the case.
– the computers are now promised during the first week of school (next week)
– the room configuration may happen late fall
– there have been a number of hold-ups on the LCD projector, but I can borrow one in the mean time
– don’t know when I’ll get CS, but it has been approved and I won’t need it right away I guess
– I had to go to Wal-Mart today and spend about a hundred on supplies because the requisition is sitting on someone’s desk in the district office for some reason
Frustrating. I’m not blaming anyone, but it will make my job harder to do. At least I have my own, single classroom now. Not like the three classrooms I hopped between each day last year. I’ve started decorating it, and will probably come in on Sunday to really polish it up. I need to still make copies of my syllabi too.
I am excited, yes. But I am more nervous now that things won’t go well.