Part Two: Defining and Using the Brush
Here comes the fun part!
- With your black-and-white beetle image still open and visible, got to Edit > Define Brush Preset…
- Give the brush a name and click OK.
This brush is really huge (mine is 777 pixels tall), but that’s a good thing. It’s better to reduce the size of a large, high-quality brush, than to increase the size of a small one (which results in blurry edges.)
- Create a new Photoshop document on which to paint:
- File > New…
- Width: 1000 pixels.
- Height: 1000 pixels.
- Click OK.
- Select a new foreground color by double-clicking on the Foreground Color icon in the Tools panel and using the Color Picker.
- Select the Brush tool again in the Tools panel .
- Click on that drop down arrow again in the Control panel.
- Scroll all the way down to top bottom of the brush list.
- Double-click on your new Beetle brush.
- Click in the image window a few times.