This lesson served as a final project (one-day) at the high school, and simply as a comprehensive exercise at the middle school.
- Use the manikin as a model.
- Three students per manikin
- All three students agree together on a pose
- After it is positioned, do not move the manikin
- Draw what you see
- Have the body fill the paper, but small parts may go off the edges
- Draw lightly
- Base it on your drawing in step #2
- Color the drawing, using a range of value to show shading and roundness
- If time, draw an appropriate background
UPDATE 01-05-07: Student Work
I will try to get more photos, but for now I will post this 7th grader’s drawing without comment.